Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Where would Collard Greens be without Fried Chicken

Why would you cook collard greens without Fried Chicken? This was always a family favorite on Sundays when my mom was still alive. She was one heck of a cook and luckily before I got kicked out of the house, I do remember alot of her favorites and how to cook them. What I didn't remember my aunt louise filled in the rest and as I got older, I added the garlic. I add garlic to everything except chocolate cake.

Fried Chicken

One whole fryer or your favorite parts. Wash, I said wash that chicken in cold water to remove any lurking preservatives, dirt, beaks, feathers or disease just hanging around to make you sick!

place chicken on wax paper, add pepper and garlic salt. Roll in Self Rising Flour and fry in your favorite oil.

This is a wonderful addition to those greens and throwing in some of those mashed potatoes and corn bread makes a wonderful, unforgettable Sunday dinner. Of course your cholesterol level is gonna spike but what the hell, it's only on Sunday!

No comments: