Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mexican Cornbread

I am searching for a recipe out of my moms box of goodies. It is a recipe by Mel Tillis that he posted in the Miami Herald. She made this cornbread and it was absolutely delicious. I have since added some SALSA to it for extra spice. Now I just hope to find it so that I can share it with all of you. I'm searching, I'm searching!

It took me long enough but found it where it shouldn't have been so here it is!

Mexican Corn Bread

1 cup self rising yellow corn meal
1/2 cup of plain flour
3/4 cup milk
1 small chopped onion
2 eggs
1/4 grated cheese
1/2 grated cheese
1/2 cup of Salsa Medium
1/8 tsp dried red peppers
1/2 cup veg oil

dump it all in a bowl with the exception of the 1/2 cup grated cheese and mix. Pour into baking pan, then sprinkle the other 1/2 of grated cheese on top. Bake at 425 for 30 minutes or until brown on top. Terrific with Chili.

1 comment:

Cricket said...

Funny you should put this on your blog today. I went shopping this morning and found a cornbread mix by Marie Callander that is a South West Cornbread. I usually make the original one but this new one looked yummy. I will be trying it out on Halloween with some homemade chili!