Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Henderson, NC

Well my friends, let me introduce you to Tootsie Gentry. You won't believe this but this is the first time I have seen her in 44 years. We went to High School together and have recently reconnected our friendship. Bob and I planned a trip to the Drag Racing Hall of Fame Reunion in Henderson, NC last weekend. Tootsie and husband Ernie live in Wendell, NC or thereabouts and drove up to Henderson and spent the day with Bob and I. God, it was just wonderful, it was like we had never been apart. We got to talking and just totally forgot about the car show. We are now planning a reunion with Carol Cordell (Gentry)and husband Walker, and Karen Montgomery (Walker) in spring of 2010. Carol is located in Ocala, Fl and Karen is in Tennessee. I believe it will be a wonderful time and as for friends......friends are for life!

No comments: