Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pie Crust

Ok, I know everyone cheats now. Pie Crust are available in every grocery store I know of but......I learned this 7,000 years ago in high school when we had home economics. Same place I learned to sew that pretty red sheath. I wore it in a fashion show and forgot to tie off the ends of the thread and you guessed it, it came apart....just another one of those embarrassing moments.

1 measuring cup
fill half way with water
add crisco until the water reaches to one cup(pour water out)
1 cup of all purpose flour (sometimes may need a tblsp more)
Pinch of salt
wax paper floured
in a bowl, combine flour, salt and cut in measured crisco. Mix with hands until you have a medium moist dough

Roll out on floured wax paper and place rolled dough in a pie plate and cut the sides of dough off so that it doesn't hang over.
I usually put the prepared pie crust into the oven (350 degrees) for 7 minutes before adding pie mixture.
Nice and Flaky

No comments: