Miss Fran (Puddles....I have to ponder that one)This is my little buddie, one you can always depend on.
As for this recipe, Jodi, Betty and I have been known to purposely hide some of the rolls before dinner and scarf them up for breakfast. Nothing like fresh garlic in the morning. Talk about morning breath, sure fire way not to be bothered for the rest of the day, not even by the dog!
Garlic Rolls
1 Package of Parkerhouse dough for rolls
1/4 cup of Olive Oil
Garlic Salt with parsley
Parmesan Cheese (optional)
1 stick of butter
These little rolls are already prepared dough. You can make your own and I can provide the recipe but I usually do not have the time to stand and play with the dough.
Let them thaw, cut rolls in half. With a little flour on your hands, rub the dough between your hands and form a cigar shape. Tie in a knot. Set them on a cookie sheet for baking and rising. Make as many as you like, I usually make 4 -5 Dozen at a time. Set aside and let them rise in a warm spot until doubled in size.
Bake at 350 degrees, about 20-30 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
In a large bowl, add olive oil and 1 stick of butter. (don't use that margarine stuff, use BUTTER)'
melt together in the microwave. Add the baked rolls, and stir until coated with the mixture. Sprinkle the garlic salt as you stir. After doing this two or three times, lightly sprinkle the rolls again with garlic and parmesan cheese.
These will produce fights, huge fights at the table, and stealing of bowls, licking fingers etc. They are that good!
3 comments:
I make these too...a little different recipe but the results are amazing.Only bad thing is they are sooooo good you can't stop eating them.
Great job on the smilebox BTW.
Love ya,
Cricket
Rolls! I need to make those again. They would go perfect with a night of Guitar Hero.
Oh my oh my! Those rolls! I love em! I know my husband will too! He is the biggest bread eater in the world! I am gonna try & make those things if it kills me! Thanks soooooo much for the recipe & of course those nice comments about me! Miss ya, sure would love to have you back in O-H-I-O :)
Post a Comment